Pages

Thursday, 1 May 2014

How to Use Water Based Inks to Create a Bright Background

After I posted my 'She Wore Flowers in Her Hair' piece a fortnight ago, a few people asked me how I used spray inks and managed to keep them so bright, clear and 'unmuddied'. So I did a video. Where I actually TALK! This is a big thing for me.

I hope you like the piece I created.

I hope you enjoy the video, learn something useful, and are inspired to create your own bright background.

If you'd like to read more about my technique you can visit my Lulu Art Design Team post for more details.

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your video, thank you very much. The spray inks and stencils look fabulous to use, something I haven't explored yet and your finished piece is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Sheila.

      Delete
  2. Lovely and colourful art works. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aga, your comment means a lot to me. I'm so glad you responded as it means I know who to mention in my next post where I used the words from your blog as inspiration -'I am here and there at the same time.' I hope you don't mind... :-)

      Delete
  3. Can't see the clip but never mind. Your work is beautiful. I took at peek at lots of it further down too. It is all so fresh and lovely. I like your colour choices too. You have a flare for colour. Thanks for drpping by. Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Laura. I must admit that colour is my 'thing'.

      Delete
  4. Love it! All that color makes me swoon ;) AND I'll have to find you on You tube - your vid is great - as is your voice :) LOVED it, thank you! xoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin, I'll let you know when I pluck up the courage to do another one!

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love the bright colours, thanks so much for the video. I have some ink sprays... I can feel some playing coming on!!
    Von.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von, happy to have helped you use some art supplies!

      Delete