Pages

Friday, 2 August 2013

A stone, and more easily a flower or a bird...

This post title is from a quote by Eckhart Tolle in his book 'A New Earth'.

A stone, and more easily a flower or a bird, could show you the way back to god, to the source, to yourself.

I've been rereading the book recently and have realised that, this is exactly what art does for me. The act of drawing/painting/creating forces me to truly see the essence & existence by taking me away from the labels (a wing, a feather, a petal, a rock) and just experiencing the object I am drawing.

No wonder it makes me feel so good. No wonder I can't stop doing it.


7 comments:

  1. Ah, Kooky, and that is why meditation is so profound, because it removes the intellect. Yesterday my teabag had a tag that said, "Empty yourself and let the Universe fill you."
    Blessings everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kookaburras are my fav. bird... love yours! Happy PPF xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet.....love the stones and that brilliant bird. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful portrayal of this Tolle sentiment- he is a very interesting thinker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kooky, just powerful in the facial feature...intensely beautiful! Yes, New Earth...wonderful read. I love your faces...they are joyful, they are real, they look back! Sweetness. Heartfully, Samara www.shadowsideart.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post and wonderful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great observation! I love your painting this week. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete