Pages

Friday, 26 July 2013

Saying Goodbye and Starting Another

I finished my Strathmore 500 Mixed Media journal this week. I felt a big sense of accomplishment as I completed the last page and looking back through the book I see that there is an incredible artistic and emotional journey contained within. No wonder it feels so good.

This is the first piece in the book.


And this is the last.

There's been a lot of growth in between.

So now I've started a new journal, smaller & hand made for me by a dear arty friend with lots of different types of paper. It's already filling with faces, creatures, textures & colours.

And grumpy cats.

12 comments:

  1. While each is lovely in their own right, I see even in the last 2 there is a shift. You are growing in leaps and bounds my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kooky-
    I love seeing your journal each Friday (can't wait to see more Grumpy Cats) so I have nominated you for a Liebster blogging award. Check out my blog for the details about this award http://fat-emma.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I love your grumpy cat and your blue eyed girl and purple lady...such an awesome style... I love your work... very whimsical and fun...Makes me so happy!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your journal, that's a big accomplishment! Love your antler girl, she's so enchanting. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not so disciplined with journals - I draw or color or paint in whatever I find lying around - I love the idea of seeing that progress all in one place. Absolutely love that grumpy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your portraits and that grumpy cat-too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your journey with the journal and love your grumpy cat, Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome journal pages. Have a lot of fun with your next pages. Look forward to seeing them.:)HAPPY PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooohhhhh...that grumpy cat is AWESOME! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amo i bellissimi colori che hai usato!!
    Bellalullo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it would be wonderful to flip through that journal and see all the pages! Love the new one too, great looking cat!

    ReplyDelete