Pages

Sunday, 12 May 2013

More Circus than Mermaid

I'm at the half way point of the Mermaid Circus online course and have finally started channelling the Circus part as much as the mermaids. This week I've made another hand made journal (using a kettle stitch & a wide variety of papers) and painted the cover. An accident involving water on Tombow markers has made my clown with attitude's make up run but also set the tone for the contents. I've always thought of the circus life as hiding something...
This is some Teesha Moore inspired collage with a bit of dark story too. I still don't think I've quite got her way with the cut outs but I do think using my gelli plate papers for the borders added a lot to this piece and it's something I'll be doing again.

Have I mentioned how much I love neon at the moment? My life was so DULL without it. :-)

Hope you've been shining your art light bright this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment