Pages

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Kelly Kilmer 10 Minute Art Challenge Day 2

Here's day 2 of Kelly Kilmer's challenge (which I blogged about yesterday). There have been some other people take up the challenge & their work is beautiful. Do go take a look if you get a chance.

Today I set the timer, took a look at my layout & thought it needed balancing.

0-2 mins. Collaged torn strip of book paper on the left & a tiny scrap at the bottom.
2-3 mins. Added a few bits of floral washi tape then put matte medium over them (I hate when the ends start unsticking or you come to write on it and can't - this solves that problem from the start).
3-4 mins. Decided it needs a bit more interest so hunted out some epoxy stickers from Basic Grey.
4-10 mins. Spend the next 6 minutes moving those 4 stickers round the page. 6 minutes. For 4 stickers. So satisfying. :-)

I really like what's happening here and can already see where the page is going and ways to get it there. I like that a lot.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I'm really enjoying it too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, I think it's coming along nicely too. :-)

      Delete
  3. love the strip of paper and your stickers. Adding things is so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very satisfying indeed Cynthia, thanks for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. It is interesting, Kooky, the way the layout is shaping up! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zafaran, it's been a fun thing to do.

      Delete