Pages

Thursday, 28 March 2013

Collage, Paint, Jane & Teesha

I am so excited this week as I'm running away to Teesha Moore & Jane Davenport's Mermaid Circus at the beginning of April. I had been saving up for Jane's I Heart Drawing course (if you read my blog you'll know how wonderful I think she and her teaching are) but when this opportunity came up I just had to jump on board. I mean, Teesha... and Jane... together. It's going to be amazing I'm sure.

I got out my collage in celebration & created this piece. I really like it but must admit I think it still needs more doodling to bring it all together.
To add to my excitement I am also the winner of some Jane Girls Stencils in the Artist Cellar competition last week. Hilariously I'd already ordered them (because I never win anything!) so passed the prize on to someone else. My copies arrived this week (along with some other ones of course) and I set to using them straight away. I've only tried the front facing face so far and really like it. Best thing is I can already see how I'll be able to use the individual elements and move things around to make it even more useful. Just having a symmetrical outline or even feature placement is going to help me as I've noticed my portraits are always wonky (and not often in a good/quirky way - they just look like I can't get it right!).



The final piece I did this week is this fish girl. 'She hadn't meant to stay under the sea, but it was the only place she'd ever felt at home.' I'm really happy with her, not least because she has a story and I like that. I used collage & acrylic for her body, and Neocolor II, Aquamarkers & Tombows for her face & the shading. I am really enjoying the neon aquamarkers, they are so shockingly good. Writing in Sakura glaze pen with Tombow marker shading.

Are you signed up for any new courses in the coming months? What are you looking forward to and why?

21 comments:

  1. Wow, what a diverse set of works. Your collage really strikes a chord for me, so much power but then the softness of your other pieces. Bravo. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that you won when you had already ordered the stencils!! That would be just my luck!! The eyes on your girls are fantastic. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely works! They are so beautiful and the little fish girl is sweet and whimsical too! How sweet of you to pass on your winnings, that was very thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an astounding workshop! Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the different artworks here! So exciting for you to do that workshop, looking forward to seeing what you'll create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layers of your paintings! I especially love your faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, I love your style. Hope you enjoy the workshop, sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collage, Especially love the fish girl.. stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...beautiful and mesmerizing works...so stunning..creative...and magical too! Love the energy and spirit of your pieces..they each stand out in their own unique way! Fantastic!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best thing for me in reading artists talking about their work and how they make it is the lovely list of materials they used to make them! I am always left with a Christmas wishlist three miles long but certainly enlightened.

    I love your blue girl - so calm yet so melancholy.

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful work this week. Have fun with Teesha and Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to see, love your fish girl and the others are beautiful as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and original, fascinating pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How funny about your "prize" - but wonderful that you could pass it on. I just love your art - that collage is just fabulous and so are the girl and the fish girl. A little surreal and a lot lovely. HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving all of your terrific creative pieces.
    Happy Easter and HPPF. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the fish girl, even tho im afriad of fish. love the face.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have to believe you will win!! And you will!! Your pieces are beautiful. Very nicely done!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! These are three lovely pieces! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pages are really gorgeous, and I'm envious that you're running off to join the circus!! it will be pretty awesome I bet...happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for your inspiring, encouraging & lovely comments. What a wonderful group you are. I'm very touched by all your words.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, some lovely work here! very inspiring! I'm really loving being able to see what other folk are creating and hoping to better my own art too!

    ReplyDelete