Pages

Friday, 8 February 2013

Surprised - Art Journal Every Day

I've just finished Jane Davenport's Supplies Me course, and this was my last piece of homework. I'm so amazed by how far I've come in this course and I'm also a little sad that it's over. It's had that big an impact on me...

I've learnt lots of things on the course, the most important one to me is that practice and a little direction gives you confidence which makes you practice more and so you grow.

This piece is distress stains, watercolour & prismacolor pencils for the girl and clear gesso, stencils & dylusions sprays for the background.

So now I've got a whole journal left to fill with things from my imagination.

Have you done an online art course that changed the way you see your art? Which one and how did it change you?

8 comments:

  1. I agree. Confidence is key. If you think you can do it, you can. Still is surprising how such a simple idea could be so true. You girl is really nice. She's so sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Erika. I think it's can be very hard to believe that your attitude can make a difference. But it does. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kooky.
    Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Pop on over to my blog to see the details :)
    Tracy (tracywoodsford.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this Tracy, I've only just seen your comment so will check it out this weekend.

      Delete
  3. how did you do that eyelashes on her? Pretty gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sumi ink in a fine aquabrush pen. They're usually used for water & watercolours but I fill mine with ink as recommended by Jane Davenport & use it for ink drawings. Very freeing, and makes great eyelashes too!

      Delete