Pages

Friday, 22 February 2013

Be Kind To The Wishers - Art Journal Every Day

This journal page went through a lot of stages & most of them looked nothing like this. You can check my Instagram feed at kookymakes if you want to see how it looked as I went along.

I used gesso, stamps, book paper & acrylic paint for the background. The ocotopus is acrylic ink. The mermaid is prismacolor pencils on gesso & her hair is distress stains.

I have been practicing faces and my writing. But now I see I need to practice hands! There is always something... thank goodness. I also wish I hadn't outlined the octopus. He looks cartoony next to the subtlety of the mermaid.

I found the quote on pinterest & haven't been able to find a source. It's the beginning of a much longer one that resonates very deeply with me. Kindness (along with gratitude) is probably the driving value in my life.


Be kind to the wishers who haven't got wishes,
Be kind to the fishers who haven't got fishes.

What are your driving values? Do you use them in your art journal? And if so, how?

8 comments:

  1. Love the colours you have used on this journal page!! I also like how you used a mixture of paints,inks and pencils...I tend to do that too! I love mixing things up and just going with the flow!! Will be checking your blog out again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Janene, I always find the flow is the best place to be!

      Delete
  2. A delightful page...and the quote is indeed thought-provoking. Yes, hands seem to be difficult for me too...practice is the only thing that helps. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Dianne. I will keep practicing!

      Delete
  3. ohh i love your every art journal!!! LOOK AT THAT CUTE OCTOPUS!!!!! CUTENESSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I've got a bit of a thing about that octopus too. I think they should be the new art/craft owl & everyone should start painting/making them. Or they could leave it to me!

      Thanks for your lovely comments fellow octopus lover!

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely journal page! Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments Beverley.

      Delete