Pages

Friday, 25 January 2013

Slide - Art Journal Every Day

Somehow, somewhere, I've started making art journal pages I like. This is a new experience for me and one I'm really enjoying.

This is from my Frolicaholic journal that I'm doing as part of the Jane Davenport course of the same name. She showed us how to draw little totem animals with simple bodies & expressive faces and I absolutely adore them. I can imagine they will be showing up in my work fairly often.

This page is about relaxing into your journalling and just enjoying it without worrying about outcomes. I think that's the way cats live their lives and that's why one appears on this page.

You can see more of my work in this journal here. I am having so much fun with it and I think it shows.

Do you like all the journal pages you make or are there some you don't? Why do you think that is?

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Kooky. The cat's face is so peaceful and I love the way your colors work together.

    Thanks for popping by my blog and for the kind words.

    Warmly,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, I've got a bit of thing about colours at the moment!

      Delete
  2. Lovely page! looks like watercolor? beautiful color...yep, there are pages that I create that I don't like, and they don't usually get blogged because I feel I should be doing 'best foot forward' and all that... but I think you have to go through the experience to see what works for you. sometimes it doesn't come together, but that is a learning experience, or you can even rip it up and use it for 'collage fodder!' thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea about the collage fodder! I already photocopy some of my pages and use those but hadn't thought of doing with the ones I don't like. The background is watercolour & alcohol inks, the cat is done in acrylic & pencil, and the lettering is done in alcohol markers & sakura glaze pens. I should remember to write those things down! Thanks for your kind words and the good ideas.

      Delete
  3. Love that cat, especially the way you've used a stamp for the texture - it works really well as fur :) Like the flaps, too.
    And yes, I think we all make pages we don't like - they either end up muddy, too busy, or you start to write on them and everything goes pear-shaped! It's all part of the process and how we learn. Keep on having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments Tracy. The texture on the cat is modelling paste through a stencil over watercolour. I like how the colour seeps through.

      Delete