Pages

Friday, 11 January 2013

Sketchbook Project In The Mail

This is my entry for The Sketchbook Project. As I type it's winging its way to Brooklyn NYC in the U S of A.

The cover is probably the best bit. It's modelling paste through an Artist Cellar old world map stencil, then coloured with Aquamarkers. I might try the same thing with alcohol markers next time because I like the effect.

I'm glad I entered.

I won't be doing it in 2013, but maybe in 2014 when I am a more coherent artist with a more distinct style perhaps?

Truth is the execution of this idea (on my part) just didn't live up to my expectations. I didn't have enough of a plan so the book is now full of bits and pieces. Which is fine. But not what I'd expected. (And the paper is pretty awful to do anything other than sketching on.)

Did you enter? How did you find the process? Will you be doing it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment