Pages

Friday, 11 January 2013

2013-01-06 Art Journal Every Day

This picture is from the journal I  write in every day. I tend to keep backgrounds & additions pretty simple in this one and do more drawing/painting/mixed media in one of my other journals. I have a lot.

The background is Ranger Distress Stains & Tattered Angels Glimmermist on gesso. Yummy. I like how they move around so freely on the prepared surface, it makes them really organic & they mix really well.

The girl is practice for my 'Supplies Me' homework. She's waiting for the winds of change to catch her up. I had to paint her face & used acrylic by mistake which doesn't take coloured pencil at all well so she's ended up looking very geisha. But that's OK.

I bordered the page using sumi ink and a brush, held very loosely just doing random curly swirly patterns. I've used it on a couple of other pages I've been working on, it seems to go well with lots of styles.

Do you have lots of journals for different things? How do you decide which one to use when?

8 comments:

  1. Lovely page, it has a very breezy look to it-- as though the wind blowing the girl's hair is also swirling the colors on the page around.

    I don't have more than one art journal going at a time (yet, lol) but I do keep a regular journal and a dream journal as well that I sometimes doodle in. Thanks for visiting my blog; I've enjoyed looking around yours as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Leah, I'm sure the many art journal books syndrome will come to very soon. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the colors on your page and the way it look like the wind is blowing her dress.

    I do have 3 journals going at this time. One I call my art journal... I started it for that purpose. I have an altered book, which I started because the art journal wasn't big enough for some of my projects and I have an online written journal. It is private & I only write in it. I think better when typing so I prefer to write my thoughts in my online journal.

    I decide which to use usually by how big I want a project to be. LoL I just realized I really have 4. I'm aiming for 52 pages on 4x6 card stock. The goal was one of week but I've made three this week already. My mini book might end up with more pages than I thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments Boo, it made me laugh that you'd forgotten about a journal! We just can't help ourselves eh? :-)

      Delete
  3. Kooky,
    I was thinking of making another one out of a cereal box but when you asked the question... it occurred to me that I really would like to fill one before starting another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I still haven't finished one... but it's all OK, you make up your own rules. :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comment Kooky. I like your girl,she looks so sweet- I can see you are using those lighter pastel colors. I hear parts of Australia are having extremely high heat lately, so I can understand lighter cool color choices. Is that you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been really hot here but has cooled down lots. Fortunately were were not near any fires and they are mostly under control now.

      Delete