Pages

Friday, 28 December 2012

Sketchbook Project - List of Hair Colours

There are lots of changing influences in my art right now including having less time to art because of the holidays, the 'Supplies Me' course by Jane Davenport and finishing my Sketchbook Project submission. Hence this page.

My Sketchbook Project subject is lists and my book is full of art and lists, sometimes related & sometimes not. The lists include personal to do lists or ones like this but they are all lists in my mind at the time I create them.

I cannot sing the praises of Jane's course loudly enough. She is a great teacher, has infectious enthusiasm and, if you like her style you will love this course. Only one thing though... be prepared to buy more supplies! Not because she says you should, in fact she encourages you to work with what you have, but there is so much lovely stuff being used that if you are into your art supplies at all you won't be able to help yourself. ;-)

This page is an acrylic wash, clean off wipe of an Artist Cellar stencil (their stencils are AMAZING - I love the map ones SO much) & Prismacolor pencils. I've had a set of pencils for years and hardly used them but Jane is showing me how. Wonderful.  I think they're my favourite supply... for now.

What's your favourite art supply, the one you love the most and why?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog today! I love your journal pages, I have taken one of Jane's class called Sketchbook something, I don't remember the exact title but it was a very good class. I say her classes are like "real" art classes. The class isn't just about a technique but about making art. Have a wonderful, art filled New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about making art not specifically techniques (although there are plenty of those around too)! Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! Both your art and your name!!! I love your boost for Jane. My Daughter went to her ladybug store in Australia (I collect them so got some funky things brought back - she went to school there.) Anyway - onto the art. i am so glad you enjoyed the course and love that you explained what you did and the process. The womyn really looks as though she is in motion, either internally or physically. Very powerful. Hmmm fav. medium. I would have to say Dyan Sprays with a second using my Stampin up refill bottles with water and my fingers to finger paint. Some of the other companies refills don't spread like they do so I love them and they go for miles and miles. A drop goes forever. Maybe my MOST fav is paper towels! A thousand art uses eh? I am going to check out the Artist Cellar, as you suggest. Thanks for that!!! "Crimson and Clover" Samara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Australia myself and have vowed to visit her store - and maybe even do one of her retreats - sometime this year. I like your idea for using your Stampin Up refill bottles, will have to try that. Thanks so much for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  3. I love how you used the stencil so subtly! Your women are fabulous! I agree Jane is a wonderful teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started week 3 of her course and she keeps getting better! Hardest thing is sticking to the weekly plan and not rushing ahead to learn everything at once! Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. hmmm...gotta say Sharpie pen and watercolors are my favorites. lovely page, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete