Pages

Friday, 7 December 2012

Ink Spill - Art Journal Every Day

I'm doing Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's 30 Days in Your Art Journal class at the moment and am finding watching a video every day and therefore slowing myself down very liberating. I usually want to complete stuff in one sitting and, while I'm not sure the act of waiting is improving my art, it sure is improving my willpower and patience!

I am using a really cheap A4 watercolour pad as my art journal at the moment and I dislike the paper so much. It's got a horrible grey hue to it which reminds me of toilet tube roll insides and some of my supplies (Aquamarkers for one) just don't work on it at all. I am keen to get through it and have promised myself something lovely to use when I've finished.

The start of this page was when I used it to mop up a massive gold acrylic ink spill and it has given a great shimmer to the end result.

I like the double stitch borders.  I don't like that scribbly doodle to the right of the leaves where it is (although I can see it would totally work somewhere else.)

Do you have any recommendations for a really lovely art journal? I'd love to read your comments.

Love, light & all that's bright to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kooky! I love your journal pages! It was Julie FF Balzer who inspired me to start a Daily, though I did not take the class you are. Kudos to you! I use a Moleskine 8 1/4" x 5" Watercolour Notebook. Today I watched a Teesha Moore YouTube video on how she makes a 16 page journal.... and I would consider using that kind of thing in the future. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments. I've seen that video but not had the guts to go out and find some lovely paper yet... and I've heard good things about the Moleskines too. Will add both ideas to my list!

      Delete
  2. I think you are doing what I would recommend 1 - take classes, 2- journal every day...you will find what you like and get good at it. Thanks for taking the time to come over and comment at keepanartjournal.com it means a lot to me. Lori W at Art Camp for Women
    PS-this time of robot-fooler usually does me in - I have a terrible time reading them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Lori, and for the pointer about the robot thing. I've switched it off!

      Delete